View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013   #90
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teammates come to Schaub's defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Two things that trouble me about the Matt Schaub discussions to date. For one, in all the defense for Schaub, no one even hints that Matt was dealing with anything that may have affected his game.

If he was dealing with "excruciating pain" so much that we altered our game plan, I would think there would be some mention, hint, or allusion to it. But there wasn't.

Second..... has anyone heard from Dre since then? What's on his mind?
Maybe no one is hinting at injury because maybe one does not exist. Seems like a pretty simple concept imo. The HC hasn't said anything. No member of the coaching staff have said anything. No teammates have said anything. Heck, even the player himself hasn't said anything. That only leads most to one conclusion...there is no excruciating pain or injury to be spoken of. Schaub simply played bad. Is this just a slump or a permanent regression in his game is what remains to be seen imo. I hope its just a temporary slump because I want this team to have hope for AFC Championships & Super Bowls, but Schaub didn't end on a good note & it will remain to be seen next season if he can bounce back. Of course a bounce back was what we wanted the last few games of the season but never got.

I don't expect Andre to say anything. He never has & if he does it won't be negative because Andre is a class act who backs his teammates even if its just by simply remaining silent.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote