View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Year in Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
A multi-million dollar, James Coney Island hotdog????

I'm all in, Doc!!!

Meh, we're stuck with Schaub.

My biggest question goes to DocJean..... While you completely predicted Schaub's effects of his Lisfranc injury catching up with him late-season, did you see anything that encouraged you that through this past season, he could be fully recovered next season? (We all know that many players have never made it back from this type of injury).

In addition to the potential long term effects of the above, Dan Pastorini made some brilliant points about Schaub. A) He thinks Schaub can be "the guy"
B) Apparently (paraphrasing) the QB coach sucks
C) Schaub has a strong enough arm but see "B)"..... His footwork sucks. In other words, he has a strong enough arm to get the ball downfield, BUT (according to Pastorini) he takes too many steps to fire.

I dunno.... It was very interesting hear Dante discuss all of this.. BTW, Dante is not a "Texans Embassador", but by the same token, he like Bum and Earl, are a fan of Houston and NOT PUD Adams. ... Just sayin'!

The 3 links below refer to my previous posts representative and explanatory of the significant negative effects that the post repaired Lisfranc injury can have on a QBís (and specifically Schaubís) performance.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=93

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2095537&postcount=140

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=28

Keep in mind that in the case of the Lisfranc injury (and, moreso, in Schaubís case of a Lisfranc fracture injury), ~25% that are surgically repaired will develop progressive arthritis as quickly as only several months to years. A certain percentage will go on to require fusion of the joint to control the pain.....some sooner than later. And these numbers do not come from the professional athlete pool......i.e., one that would require much higher demands on a foot than the regular Joe.

Turning specific attention to Schaub, you will anymore hardly see him square up and point to his target with his left foot, both observations very consistent with avoiding full weight for balance stabilization off of his right back foot.

And for anyone that may say that they havenít noticed any limp, and therefore there is nothing wrong with his foot. You can have significant discomfort or ďinstabilityĒ of the Lisfranc back foot when severely stressed momentarily, like planting and pushing off, and still not limp when walking or gingerly running. The momentary acute stress on the back foot alone or the anticipation of it being painful is enough to affect all aspects of Schaubís game......including strength of throw, accuracy of throw (long, short or wide), ability to acutely side step to the left or step up (push off) in the pocket, or bootleg, QB sneak or play action to the left (try to find the last time Schaub ran one to the left).
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote