View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Comeback Sequence Needed more Mustard for those Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Over the last six games (counting the two playoff games), the Texans offense possessed the ball 67 times. They scored 8 TDs. Schaub threw for 2 of those, alongside several interceptions. One of them was a garbage time TD that did not threaten the game in any way. At least two more of the offensive TDs (one by Yates, one by Foster) were also garbage time TDs that did not threaten the scoreboard in any meaningful fashion.

On the season, it looks like the Texans attempted more FGs than any other playoff team, and quite a few of those came in the last six games.
This is what leads me to believe something happened that we aren't fully aware of, more than something is fundamentally wrong with this team.

If Schaub wasn't "good enough" we never would have gotten to 12-1. If the right side of our line was the problem, we never would have gotten to 12-1. If our coach is over his head, we never would have gotten to 12-1.

Along the way, we beat some pretty good teams, Denver, Chicago (when they're healthy, they're as good as any team out there & they were healthy to start that game), & Baltimore. We beat some decent teams, Indy, Miami & Detroit. We beat some bad teams, Jacksonville, Buffalo, & NYJets.

No one expected us to go undefeated, you win some, you lose some. But when we lost, we were utterly & completely dismantled. At least against the elite teams, Green Bay & New England. Other teams were able to show up against those teams, but not us. Totally dominated on both sides of the ball. Then there was Minnesota & Indy, our offense was completely useless.

I think there is something to be said about choking in big games. But the Bengals game was a big game. Definite issues in the red zone, but our running game looked good, our passing game looked good, our defense looked good. Cincinnati was the better team, but we managed to win.

Something happened, I don't know what it was, but we weren't able to overcome. I don't think our team's fundamentals are that bad. Not saying that I'm hoping for more of the same, or a small improvement going further. I'd like a Super Bowl as much as the rest of you, but I'm not "sure" a new QB is the quickest path, or a new Coach, or a new "philosophy" I honestly don't know what is, but I'm not liking what I'm hearing so far.