View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #31
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Comeback Sequence Needed more Mustard for those Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9baller View Post
I was wondering about how quick Keenum gets rid of the ball. I think I heard that Brady is the quickest in the NFL and gets rid of the ball in just over 3 seconds. Do you have any clue about this?
Well, actually, a Pat fan posted either here or on their MB (I can't remember which) that there was a report that Brady got the ball out on the average in 2.2 seconds; I don't know whether that's true or not.

In 2011 I think, during one of our games, the network shows a comparison between Peyton and somebody (I don't remember who) getting set and pull the trigger to see how fast it is. But this is different from getting the ball out counting from the moment the ball is snapped.

What I had done before the last draft was to take screen shots of various QBs in the draft on pass plays.

I focus on just the shotgun, because many of them hardly take the ball from under center.

I measure the time on different routes; let's say a 10 yard out or a 35 yard deep out, etc.

I can guarantee with you that on the average, Keenum gets the ball out of there quicker than any QB in the last draft.

Too bad, I didn't store but a few screen shots.
I can do it again, but I will be busy for a couple of weeks; I will have to get to it later.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote