View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prioritizing our off season needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Looks like nobody who posted will agree with my assessment.

I'm making OL my top priority. It is abundantly clear that Matt Schaub is incapable of making plays when he's "off schedule".
He is not a guy who can create plays, or throw receivers open. He has shown, however, that he can be an above average quarterback, so my priority is to set him up for success as much as possible.
Considering his new contract, Schaub will be the starting QB for the next two years, I'd say. We are stuck with him, regardless of how many people want Kubiak to show him the door.
I say fix the running game, and fix Matt Schaub by making RT priority #1, and then looking for upgrades at other OL spots on a BPA basis.
I could buy into this strategy. Not only will it help Schaub but it will help whoever succeeds him. Goodness knows it a better O-line would help the running attack.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

What good does it do to draft a WR with 4.4 speed if Schaub is on his back before he can get downfield??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote