View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #49
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prioritizing our off season needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The question was asked in another thread " do you think Schaub and Gary can lead us to a superbowl"

I answer with this - Prior to the lisfranc , I think they could as a pair. After the lisfranc , I dont believe Schaub can fulfill his end of the deal. I do however believe Gary can ....

I would much prefer to replace Schaub and see what Gary can do with a player of equal or greater talent at the position.

Its hard to dismiss what he's done with Schaub dispite his limitations.

They arent joined at the hip .... we can be rid of one and retain the other.
If Gary's dismissed from here, The new coach is going to want "his" guy and depending on what happened with team the year prior and the incoming coaches feelings towards schaub to begin with i'd think it'd be highly unlikely that Schaub is here for more than a year after.

This is why my vitriol towards this team is directed at Kubiak and not Schaub.
If the first part of that sentence is right - and I doubt it is - then we're either stuck with a rookie or and expensive F/A (think Matt Flynn salary area).

If the second part of that sentence is correct, then we're where we are right now, stuck with Schaub for two, three more years. What have you gained??

I'm with Corrosion. Schaub is the guy with the ball in his hand. He decides whether to go deep or check down. There are deep routes on nearly every passing play we run, if Schaub doesn't see the deep guy is open, or worse, sees him and knows he can't make the throw (either on time or accurately - both are bad news) then we need a new trigger man not a new play-caller.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote