View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #2
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time to replace Walter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I know, I know, he does the small things right. Well, I'm tired of the small things. We need another receiver who can do the small things AND big things right. Andre doesn't have many years left and Walter just can't seem to get open enough anymore.

If you weren't re-signing certain players this past off season because they didn't contribute enough on 3rd down defense, or dropped passes (which a no catch is equivalent to) then we can get rid of a receiver who isn't helping out the passing game much. And I've appreciated Walter over the seasons but it's about getting better.
Couldn't agree more. Walter has had issues getting seperation & taking pressure off of Andre for a few years now. He simply cannot add anything to help the offense outside of his, overrated in my mind, blocking. His limited contributions have not earned him the right to be the starter & to be honest I'm sure not he would or could be a starter for any team outside of the Texans. Kubiak has carried him along long enough & considering Walter is due 3-3.5M next season I believe that money could be well spent elsewhere that could actually help this team progress.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote