View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #42
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prioritizing our off season needs

For me the most important offseason need is O-Line. We saw in the playoffs, that our running game can be shut down, especially when we run to the middle or the right side. We lost two major players last offseason and it really hurt us. I don`t know how big we are on our 2 young Gs - but we at least need a very good RT out there.

After that I think we could almost go best player available - there is enough talent at any position right now...

I think we could upgrade NT - but Mitchell seems alright and on passing downs we don`t have a NT on the field anyways.

LBs? There are two question marks: 1. Will Cushing come back strong? 2. What happens to Barwin? If we have trust in Cushing (and I wouldn`t bet against him), then I like our starters (even with Barwin out). So all we need might be backups - if we count on Cushing and Barwin, I don`t think we need major upgrades here. Otherwise a middle rounder should be sufficient.

Secondary? Nope... Jojo, KJ and whoever is left (McCain, Harris, Carmichael) should be enough at CB, of course you can always take a flyer on a late rounder. At S Manning and Quinn are a great duo - you might want to add depth here, but that`s not necessarily needed.

On offense? I would take a chance on a QB if one falls to us - but no way I would reach to get one. TE might be our biggest need (after O-Line), because we all know hown devestating 2 TE looks may be. WR? If one falls to us, sure, otherwise with AJ, Posey and the other guys, I think we have enough talent here. HB or FB? Sure, if we see one we like. We might trade Tate and a real lead blocker at FB might help.

So, here are our top needs in my opinion:

1. O-Line (RT or RG or both) - draft one high or sign a good FA if we have the cap space
2. NT - draft one
3. TE - draft one
4. LB - ILB if we are unsure about Cushing (early round) or OLB if Barwin leaves (middle to late round)
5. QB - if one drops to us, grab him, no matter the round
6. S - try to get a good backup in the late rounds
7. WR/CB/HB/FB - whenever a player that we really like drops, grab him - but no real need here
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote