View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #56
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Won't Rule Out Drafting QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
We've drafted a QB in the past, this wouldn't be much of a surprise. Schaub just got paid so I think it's safe to say he'll be the starter no matter who might be drafted.

In the end, it'll be status quo for the offense, considering we'll be rolling out the same scheme with the same guy running it. We can only hope bolstering the defense and the Oline can get us to the top. If not, we've reached our peak
I do think, if Kubiak and Smith and his crew review the tapes...and IF they see that Matt Schaub's inability to evade pressure and even make just some semblance of a play while on the run (and let's face it, he can't)...then I think there's nothing holding this team back from trading Schaub away.

I don't think it would happen, but frankly I do think (unless he has a trade clause I don't know about) that it IS an option if they wanted to rid the cap fallout and start over.

There are a handful of teams whom I think would consider taking Schaub and his salary. We might even have to sweeten the pot somehow, but if they wanted to get rid of Schaub and his contract...I think they could get it done.

But yet I also will say that will never happen. They will think they just need better OL protection for him, he just needs more talent at the WR and TE position. And better defense around him. They will talk themselves into ignoring the obvious, which is their standard operating procedure.