View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #35
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Won't Rule Out Drafting QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It's not that it's thin at QB, there's just no guys that look like they are worth taking in the top 5 currently. This is all prior to any workouts or senior/east-west games so that obviously can change. There are quite a bit of QB's that have some good measureables and some good skills, but they aren't quite as slam dunk'ish as say last year, or the year before (No Cam Newton, No Andrew Luck, No RGIII).

Of course you guys know as well as I do that Bob McNair is holding out for Johnny Foootball.
I think it'd be far from possible to see Johnny Football in a Texans jersey.

1. There's no guarantee that this guy is going to replicate his second season in the SEC. SEC teams will prepare for him more than ever, and at some point they will figure out a way to shut him down at least enough to make him average.

2. Even IF he continues on a superstar track, we'd have to be bad enough to be in a position to get him. Or, we'd have to trade a lot of assets to get into position to get him. And with the way the 49ers and Seahawks have found their own Johnny Football QB, I don't even think a team would take a large grouping of trade assets from us. I think they'd stay put and take the kid themselves.

3. The kid's character is poor. He's way too open with his activities, as in SCARES THE HELL OUT OF MCNAIR type of character. He's dirty dancing with a girl who looks like she came straight from a whore house, he's openly drinking champagne even though he's not 21, and there's other stuff too that scares a guy like McNair. Could we chalk this up to him just being young and wild...something that goes away as quickly as it came upon him this year? I dunno. But I bet McNair thinks someone else can take that risk.

That's only 3 scenarios in which Johnny Football won't be a Texans QB.

I think a better solution would be to hire Kevin Sumlin at the end of 2013's season, after Kubiak again gets waxed in the divisional round because he played Matt Schaub again and got the same results. Again. Then Sumlin could work with Case Keenum, or you could see if it's possible to throw all your chips into the Johnny Football race. Either way, I think IF Sumlin makes the Aggies special again, we could easily send Kubiak to A&M and Sumlin to the Texans.