View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #155
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 168714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Fire Joe Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
One of my fears is that special team play was good enough in NE game to get Joe another year.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think that NE game saved Marciano.

But you do have to wonder if the returners (trindon included) just werent getting it done back there since manning was able to bust two big ones with relative eased. He looked like he reads it better and is more patient that the other guys we've put back there.
It's this.

And it wasn't just the insertion of Manning; I heard, during the telecast of the game, that Joe was also given a couple of new guys, Keo and someone else who's name eludes my memory, that were better, more decisive, ST blockers and those additions - plus Manning - to the KO team made the STs more effective in the N.E. game. I know I saw definite lanes open up for Manning to exploit and he wasted no time in busting thru them for those big run backs.

I'll also add that a couple of us wanted Manning to run back kicks all season long. But the majority of folks on this board didn't want to risk him getting hurt and us having to be without him in the secondary. I remember folks going back and forth about it and mentioning that Manning never got hurt running back kicks. He got hurt playing safety. I still think he's the best, most instinctive, returner on the team.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote