View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #31
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 222777 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Won't Rule Out Drafting QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
says sports yahooo LOL no way we are drafting a QB

besides it wasent my time but Young and elway were not that moblie IMO yeah maybe there first 3 years but after that nope and neither won a SB till later in there career right ..??? when they were more pocket passers

and call me crazy but i dont think a "moblie" QB has ever one the Super bowl and i bet that trend will continue this year yet again
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
Aaron Rodgers wouldn't qualify as a mobile QB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yeah i was thinking about that but hes a pocket passer trough and through IMO

mobile to means u gotta be really fast and be able to lay the wood on someone when a linebacker is going to come and lay the wood on rodgers what do u think hes going to do go in head first or slide ...????? SLIDE i say and lets be honest arron does not have world athelthic speed

anywayz watch in 4 years Rodgers will not be running has fast or at all
I guess I disagree with the "you gotta be really fast and be able to "lay the wood on someone" when you're talking about QBs. That's why I have running backs. RGIII ain't gonna "lay the wood" on any decent LB.

And actually, I would consider all three - Steve Young, John Elway, and Aaron Rodgers - as mobile QBs. True, they aren't speedy, OPTION QBs in the RGIII and Kaepernick sense, but they were/are mobile and elusive enough to escape the rush and make the rollout pass effective. Plus they had/have the deep ball at their disposal. That would still be an upgrade from what we have now.

If you'll only swap Schaub for the next RGIII, Kaepernick, or Russell Wilson, you may be stuck with Schaub for quite a while.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote