Thread: Manti Te'o
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013   #2
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manti Te'o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-80 View Post
How far will he fall?

If you were Rick Smith what would do if he dropped to you? Take him regardless of his performance in the NCG? Regardless of all this mess he's involved in right now?
I think he's been overrated all year. He only won all those awards because of the girlfriend story and the media sympathy. There were numerous LB's with better numbers who didn't even get considered for those awards. It was a farce that he was even invited to the Heisman ceremony. There have been much better defensive performances over the years than his. All of his hype stems from this story about his girlfriend.

That said, I can't comment on his draftability unless I got to see him at the combine, pro day, workouts, etc. His interview process will be crucial as well. Too many factors right now, but to answer OP I would lean toward only drafting him in rounds 3-4 if he free falls.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote