View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Year in Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Are you sure that you could re-sign him for less money? QBs are getting insane money.
Yes, I'm quite sure that after this season, Schaub could have been re-signed for less than $60 million. Matt Hasselbeck signed for 3 years, $20 million in 2011. And he was at least as good as the 2012 Matt Schaub. With some playoff success on his resume. Good QBs are getting insane money. OK, good QBs and Mark Sanchez are getting insane money. Giving this contract to Matt Schaub is just as insane. Saying it's OK for the Texans to give insane contracts because all the other teams are doing it is an excuse for a mistake.

And if I would have been proven wrong, and Schaub was signed by the Bills or Jags, so what? The Texans become a 9-7 team again? Based on how they ended the season, that could happen anyway. Vinny, Runner, and some others have made the point that the Texans are slow to make changes and decisions. Others, such as yourself, have the opinion that the Texans slow and steady approach is the correct course. I think the league is soon to pass this team by. Probably a playoff team in 2013. Back to .500ville in 2014. The only quick decisions this organization knows how to make is extending non-franchise QBs to franchise QB contracts.