Thread: Safety
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I really considered Amerson in my last mock as a CB. I think he'd be the ideal guy in this draft to play that 3rd safety spot with Quinn and Manning.

He might last to the second round , but I seriously doubt he falls all the way to the tail end of the round. Might have to move up to get him .... and Im not sure I'd be willing to give up picks to do that as there are so many needs to fill. Maybe after FA I'd be more willing to make a move up.

Not necessarily true , even when Cushing was healthy they went with only one LBer as Barwin and Reed were essentially DE's and the ILB opposite Cushing was replaced by a DB.
That's when I want the big safety to come in, when we go to our dime package.
Let Quin go back to play safety; this big guy can play the run better and he can cover a back better than the normal LB, and he also matches up with a second TE better than a small safety.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote