Thread: Safety
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Bingo.... I don't like the idea of going Safety early, but if we do it had better be someone with coverage skills and both of these CB's will probably become a FS in the NFL.
I really considered Amerson in my last mock as a CB. I think he'd be the ideal guy in this draft to play that 3rd safety spot with Quinn and Manning.

He might last to the second round , but I seriously doubt he falls all the way to the tail end of the round. Might have to move up to get him .... and Im not sure I'd be willing to give up picks to do that as there are so many needs to fill. Maybe after FA I'd be more willing to make a move up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
we play the 3rd safety because we dont have any options at linebacker. fix the problem of not having a linebacker with any coverage skills and it frees up our secondary. it also eliminates most of the ugly run blitz we see all game from players waiting to react to what their assignment does - since another linebacker taking keys frees up the line to attack without having to protect the secondary from spread runs.
Not necessarily true , even when Cushing was healthy they went with only one LBer as Barwin and Reed were essentially DE's and the ILB opposite Cushing was replaced by a DB.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote