Thread: Looking Ahead
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looking Ahead

2012 opponents:
AFC East: Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Bills
NFC North: Packers, Bears, Vikings, Lions

2013 opponents:
NFC West: Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams
AFC West: Broncos, Raiders, Chargers, and Chiefs

Given the changes to these teams, like the Seahawks DC leaving for the Jags, and the Chargers, Chiefs cleaning house, I think the 2013 schedule is slightly easier. Just like last year, there are three tough games in 2013, 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos, but the rest of the teams are mediocre at best. I think the mid-level teams in 2012 were much harder than what I expect in 2013.

Overall though, I think our division will be slightly stronger in 2013 than 2012. The Jags are getting a real head coach, and will probably get a real quarterback too, through the draft or free agency. I imagine they will have a much better defense, but it also might take a year or two to get things back on track.

The Colts have 40 million to spend in free agency and should go on a defensive shopping spree. Their offense was pretty good, but I expect their defense to improve greatly with a new infusion of talent. They might even try to sign some Texans players like Quin or Casey, just to stick it to us.

The Titans will probably be an 7-8 win team without much going for them. I wouldn't expect them to turn it around next year.