View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #10
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prioritizing our off season needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Looks like nobody who posted will agree with my assessment.

I'm making OL my top priority. It is abundantly clear that Matt Schaub is incapable of making plays when he's "off schedule".
He is not a guy who can create plays, or throw receivers open. He has shown, however, that he can be an above average quarterback, so my priority is to set him up for success as much as possible.
Considering his new contract, Schaub will be the starting QB for the next two years, I'd say. We are stuck with him, regardless of how many people want Kubiak to show him the door.
I say fix the running game, and fix Matt Schaub by making RT priority #1, and then looking for upgrades at other OL spots on a BPA basis.
I wouldn't mind us taking a RT in the first, but I also wouldn't mind if we go BPA taking into account some other positions as well.

It doensn't have to be in any order; for example, if there's an excellent playmaker at the receiver position, we can grab him first.

What's your suggestion at RT?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote