View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The Comeback Sequence Needed more Mustard for those Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was re-watching the game and I wanted to focus on what exactly it was that irritated me about how we managed our attempt to win the game with a quarter left on the clock.
I work with a group of guys in an industrial environment. It gets pretty fast paced around here & it's important that we work diligently, but keep our heads as a little mistake could turn into big trouble. I never tell anyone to "slow down" but I'm always telling them to take your time, be sure, etc.. etc..

Most mistakes are made when people get in a hurry, or they're frustrated or upset & not thinking about what they are doing.

I have to imagine some of that goes into what Kubiak tells Matt, seeing how we lost so many games in 2009 & 2010 because of "silly" mistakes & during that time, when it rained, it poured.

But damn........ I've never seen it go to such extreme.

There are two ways not to make mistakes. One, is to just not do anything risky. The other, is to practice those high risk situations, until they're second nature. When Kubiak got here, Carr was stuck in the don't take risks mode & I thought Kubiak was in the "we've got to get better" mode. Sage didn't give a f & I really liked that about him. He might throw an INT, but if it was a good decision, just didn't go his way, he was going to throw that ball again in that situation next time.

Schaub was the same way. & I liked that. Short memory, try to win, get better everyday, keep taking shots.

But something has definitely changed, & I don't know why. Looking back, it was a long time coming. Though I said Schaub took chances back in the day, he stopped throwing the long ball a long time ago. I thought it was because his arm was too weak to get it ahead of Andre, but it does appear that he underthrows his receivers on purpose. So...

Long story short, yeah you're right. No sense of urgency at all.