View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #78
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I wonder which is considered worse in Mormon theology, pre-marital sex or publicly lying for months on end?

Find a bigger sports story going on right now. This has implication for ND as well as the young man himself. Let's hope it has implications for all the journalists who ran with it blindly.

From the deadspin article That quote isn't attributed to his Dad, as the next one is. So, exactly how did the SB Trib get the story? Edit: I see Frog's response above. Still looks like Te'o is fibbing to somebody.

Aside - Can I believe he got taken in? Sure. Does that excuse the layer-upon-layer of BS that's emerged since then? Nope. Was it made public before the Heisman voting? How about that bowl game? Neither ND, nor Te'o have a story that answers all the questions yet.
This is a really great read on all of these questions..I'll highlight the one I didn't even think about

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/ma...e-internet.php

9. What's the motive to fake this relationship?

Quote:
This is where I get hung up and the question I return to again and again. You're talking about hours and hours of effort to fake a relationship. What's the payoff? To humiliate someone? (And stop with your Catfish emails, I know all about the show). I just don't buy that there's someone who wants to sit on the phone for eight hours long night after night pretending to be near death with cancer so they can eventually say, "Gotcha!"

This is the biggest waste of time ever. Plus, it requires not only a fake girlfriend, but a fake brother. And maybe other fake family members too. What's the point of an entire conspiracy built around convincing Manti Te'o that his online girlfriend is real?

And that's what I can't get past, there just isn't a real motive to fake this relationship. There's no payoff, no pot of gold at the end of the long con.

Watch this video beginning at 2:30 and look at how crazy this is. "She" wrote letters to him before every game?