View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #77
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
The guy is a devout Mormon so it's highly likely he is a virgin waiting for marriage.
I wonder which is considered worse in Mormon theology, pre-marital sex or publicly lying for months on end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Have no idea why this is even a story. Especially that it is the biggest news story all over the sports world.
Find a bigger sports story going on right now. This has implication for ND as well as the young man himself. Let's hope it has implications for all the journalists who ran with it blindly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Here's my $.02. Facts to date:

-Te'o never said he actually met her
-Te'o's dad either directly or indirectly said they met at a Stanford game
-the media then reported more and more embellished stories about real life interaction
From the deadspin article
Quote:
Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.
That quote isn't attributed to his Dad, as the next one is. So, exactly how did the SB Trib get the story? Edit: I see Frog's response above. Still looks like Te'o is fibbing to somebody.

Aside - Can I believe he got taken in? Sure. Does that excuse the layer-upon-layer of BS that's emerged since then? Nope. Was it made public before the Heisman voting? How about that bowl game? Neither ND, nor Te'o have a story that answers all the questions yet.