View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #70
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Here's my $.02. Facts to date:

-Te'o never said he actually met her
-Te'o's dad either directly or indirectly said they met at a Stanford game
-the media then reported more and more embellished stories about real life interaction

So having been 'Catfished' myself in college (sigh, sad to admit, several times), I'm starting to wonder if he told the truth. There is (or was) a deep pool of crazy ass women online who lie about who they are because, one can only assume, they enjoy the attention(?).

They make up crazy stories as to why they can't meet, video chat, etc. Lie about things like illness, disease, accidents, dying family members, etc.

Now, if this was months, I get it. Maybe he is just insecure and got duped by a crazy girl lying about who she is.

If this was truly for 3 years, well..... Not sure what I believe then.

The AZ player coming out, well, I thin he is full of it and flat out lying to try to cover for a friend.
The story about them meeting at the Stanford game was given by him. The reporters who wrote it...not Deadspin.. were quoted as saying they got the information from he and his family. The part about the looks and touching hands...him. That story was out there for public consumption for a year and he never denied it or corrected it.

I'm not saying he is part of the hoax but it concerns me that the above story was through him and was never corrected and it concerns me that his "love" was in an auto accident and had leukemia and he never once went to see her in a hospital...or tried to. To me that is fishy. He talked about sending white flowers to her funeral yet there was no funeral.