View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013   #66
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Holy Cow - Manti Teos Dead Girlfriend is a HOAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Here's my $.02. Facts to date:

-Te'o never said he actually met her
-Te'o's dad either directly or indirectly said they met at a Stanford game
-the media then reported more and more embellished stories about real life interaction
Ok, assuming that Te'o never told the "media" he actually met her in person, we do know he told it to teammates and obviously to his dad (where else would the dad get the story?)

So trying to portray him as an innocent victim is playing ostrich. The stories about how they met and their in person meetings came from him, not anywhere else. It's understandable he lied so people wouldn't know he never met the woman but don't try to pretend like he is completely innocent.

Quote:
So having been 'Catfished' myself in college (sigh, sad to admit, several times), I'm starting to wonder if he told the truth. There is (or was) a deep pool of crazy ass women online who lie about who they are because, one can only assume, they enjoy the attention(?).

They make up crazy stories as to why they can't meet, video chat, etc. Lie about things like illness, disease, accidents, dying family members, etc.

Now, if this was months, I get it. Maybe he is just insecure and got duped by a crazy girl lying about who she is.

If this was truly for 3 years, well..... Not sure what I believe then.

The AZ player coming out, well, I thin he is full of it and flat out lying to try to cover for a friend.
The length of time is what gets me along with him describing how he talked with her for hours every night and falling asleep with her on the phone. If this was strictly online, who was he talking to? And you are telling me a hoaxer will go to the length of having daily hours long heartfelt talks over the phone over a long period of time just to perpetuate a ruse?
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote