View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #120
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Except for one caveat (which is significant, I think)- He has allowed/supported Rick Smith spending the bulk of the financial and draft resources on defensive talent, taking it upon himself to develop lesser talent and scheme the offense towards success. And, he has been (for the most part) very successful at that.
When Kubiak came aboard we all bought into the plug and play model based on his success in Denver with low or undrafted RBs, WRs, OL. I have not seen anything to suggest that Smith was the catalyst for this since taking on the GM duties. In fact, 2012 was the first draft where we were weighted at the top towards the offensive side of the ball.

Am I missing something here?