View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #118
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
76, I fall somewhere in the middle in this larger argument. However, I must make a couple points here:

Given that our linebackers are all either DE converts or 30+ year old has-beens, don't you think the Texan coaching staff had already signed their death warrant by exposing those guys to man coverage almost every snap of the game?

And, not only that, but Tom Brady and the entire New England staff went into the game (and the previous game) knowing that they could count on almost exclusively man coverage- and therefore game plan and call plays to consistently exploit very favorable matchups.

** How about hiding those guys in a zone sometimes. Heck, even if the zone is not particular effective, at least it can potentially create doubt or uncertainty in Brady's head, the receiver's head (possibly effecting his route), and/or the playcaller's head, making man coverage more effective and/or blitzes less telegraphed when the defense is spread out.

From my perspective, this is why the game was over before it started.
We simply Failed, there was no denying that!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote