View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #111
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' LB Brooks Reed: "we weren’t fully prepared"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I was alternating yelling and mocking the players, and coaches. It was infuriating!

We have successfully run hurry-up offenses in previous years. In 2009 and 2010, we did it quite a bit. But, that is a strong theme this year. Offensively, there was significant regression in the passing game from those seasons. Some of it can be attributed to Oline issues, etc... However, I think a lot of it has to do with team identity. As soon as Cushing was injured, I told Barrett that the key to our success in the playoffs would be whether the offense could re-establish itself (the next two months) as an aggressive unit that was primarily responsible for scoring enough points to win, instead of clock-sucking, methodical, and calculated- which it became (and it worked when the defense was dominant, and was necessary when Yates took over). Well, that transition clearly never took place.

Befuddling and frustrating for sure! Fortunately, I was resigned to losing the game before it was played. Otherwise, I may have had a stroke.
Losing guys who could give you what David Anderson gave us and Andre Davis gave us kept us married to our slower moving tight end sets....between Posey, Jean and Martin they gave us a combined 22 catches from the wr3. Perhaps they will give us some more help next season.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote