View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Posey tore his Achilles.

The Texans have not disclosed if Posey's Achilles tear is partial or complete. However, his description of feeling like he got shot when it happened. That is classic for a complete rupture. Also Posey could not walk on that foot after the occurrence. This is the classic for a complete rupture not only because the Achilles cannot allow applying force to the ball of the foot (foot pointing down position) for a walking motion, but also because of the excruciating pain that it causes trying to do so. Most of time with a partial rupture, patients will have only modest discomfort.....and can continue to walk......many times quite normally.

You might want to look at the Wild Card Week Houston Texans Injury Report. It may surprise you to find Posey was on it with a "FOOT." Remember, in one of my previous posts (#15 above), I explained the "aura" preceding Achilles tendon rupture........i.e., Achilles tendonitis. Well, this condition presents typically with heel pain. And what part of the anatomy is the heel?.......the FOOT. Posey evidently was already demonstrating the warning signs of what was about to happen.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote