View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official: Chip Kelly to Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I hope he doesn't have a pull a Nick Saban on the Eagles in a year or two. It's likely a college team will probably go up to him and offer him a ridiculous amount of money in a year or two, and after his constant back and forth the last few seasons about going to the NFL, it's not hard to imagine him saying he won't leave Philly then suddenly bolting. I hope he has success as an NFL coach, but I'd be a bit nervous if I were an Eagle fan considering how he just left Oregon.
Conversely people were wondering if Harbaugh or Carroll would work out in the Pro's and both guys seem to be doing alright. At this point in the offseason for the eagles they had not named a coach yet and I think Chip Kelly is a more interesting hire than Gus Bradley or Brian Billick (Two guys that were interviewing with Philly).

If Kelly turns into a guy who thinks his scheme will fit anybody and everybody and he can make it work then he's not going to be long for the NFL, I just don't think he's going to do that at all.