View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: New Mock with a QB to develop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
They can if they gash us enough...or big enough...unless you're into that whole we do what we do regardless of the outcome thing....by the way have you seen us in zone?

Sorry...us putting an LB out there...or us attempting to happened way too many times in both games for it to be something that just happened to happen.

"Bradie James can't cover, so lets get him out there on Hernandez.."
"Brooks Reed's athletic, so lets test how athletic his in coverage.."
"Barrett Ruud's Ok in coverage, so lets split him out wide and see how well he does.."
"They're putting a db on Hernandez, he's too small lets get him the ball"

They knew that we couldn't match up with them no matter who we attempted to put out there b/c they knew our personnel as well as we did and it all goes back to having all these 1-sided type guys on the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
don't you understand that the reason we don't ask our guys to cover like that is b/c wade knows his lb's can't do it? Your rationale is exactly why the defense has been getting exposed...finding "niche" guys.

& Lol, cb, safety what does it matter? it's a smaller db that can't cover a big athletic TE.....you seen how well that worked out for us. You seen how many times Aaron Hernandez just ran straight over Quinn. In that regard it doesn't matter what smoke & mirrors wade tries to use to mask his personnel deficiencies, Great scheming and coaching eventually exposes it. Bringing in another LB like Mauluga that's sub par in coverage isn't going to change that regardless of "how" wade "asks" him to do or cover..he sucks in coverage period. So play him less & then we're back to square 1 above with Quinn getting TD passes caught on him by Mercedes freaking Lewis..hell, Mauluga's not even that good against the run. Like i said, coverage was a knock on him coming out and it's still a knock on him 4 years into his career.

The better way to go would be just to get a LB in here who can actually cover someone and get a fat NT in front of him to mask any of his run deficiencies and leave the safeties up top...

try again.....
1st, Glover Quin is a bad ass. Mercedes Lewis may catch a TD pass on him, but it isn't going to be very often.

2nd, defense is about guessing. We guess right most of the time & close enough the others.... except what happened against the Patriots. But the way we're built, I can see us going after a guy to stop the run. We've got good corners on the ends, Jjo & Kj I'd match them up against any Receiver tandem one on one. Allowing the Safeties, LBs, & Nickel to work out some kind of coverage in the middle.

Problem was, they ran over GQ & didn't get called but for one of them. GQ has a right to any spot on the field that he gets to first. Second, they ran a lot of crossing patterns which leads to confusion when you're playing man, or naturally open receivers, depending on how you play it. They also picked off defenders with those crossing patterns, some obvious, some not so obvious, but we got away with a few as well, so I won't complain too much.

Now shifting that RB out wide kinda screws up that Safety, LB, Nickel concept in the middle. It put a LB on an island with a RB. But, a RB is not usually a mismatch for a LB as it's part of that LBs job, covering RBs. Every now & then you get a freaky RB that is a mismatch.... I don't think Vareen is a freaky mismatch. I saw two instances with Ruud on him, the first time, Ruud did an excellent job, the second, not so much..... but that's the way things go.

I don't think it was a problem that we were playing man so much, I think the problem was how we played man.

I don't agree that Maualuga should be brought here..... I think we can do better.