View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: New Mock with a QB to develop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Mauluga fits what we need. Veteran, intense, hard hitting and won't be asked to make a bunch of plays against players he has no business guarding.

Mauluga would be a great fit next to Cushing in this 34. In the 43 he was asked to do more than he should have.
I see your point. But, they replaced Demeco with Sharpton/James.... I don't think they were going after "thumper"

The way you explained him next to Cushing, makes complete sense, coming out on passing downs, makes complete sense.... what we ended up with & doing... not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
We do ask our guys to guard rb's and te's but we generally give Thosr guys dome help.

Of course you do have the occasional case where they don't get help like against the pats.
While Vareen did make that catch for a TD, there was another occasion Ruud was able to get him to the sideline & out of bounds. I thought he was going to do the same thing on the TD play, but Vareen started further from the sideline.... great in game adjustment.