View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #18
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 41913 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NE just a bad matchup?

Elite NFL teams can overcome bad matchups through exceptional coaching/preparation and top notch execution.

Does anyone believe that the Ravens really are better than the Broncos due to a fluke 70 yd pass where a safety makes a bad read and takes a terrible angle to get to Jacoby freakin' Jones??? But in that one split second it was a matter of terrible execution; and the result was--a Ravens win. Why not take a chance with :40 on the clock and Manning at the helm? What led us to a 43-13 win against the Ravens in week 7? Are we clearly that much better than the Ravens? I don't think we are.

I simply think that the preparation (Belicheck) that meets execution (Brady) is far better than most other teams across the league.

Until our game planning is ramped up a notch and our execution is able to overcome the simplest of mistakes--we are and will remain a squad with "potential."

My problem is, I see way too much talent on this team to execute as poorly as we do. We did very well through the first part of the season. What changed? Cushing was hurt. And? Was he that pivotal to our defense--and if so, why? Clearly there wasn't someone groomed to take over the leadership role in his absence, and our defense suffered immensly as a result. Why is this the case? That's a poor coaching imo. We were all so excited about Wade coming to town that we were oblivious to the possibility that he had his own limitations. But we can see them now.

Where do we go now?

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote