View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #96
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think what you're saying is true. But how do you explain Green Bay being a top tier team for the last three years, when they were a joke in Bret Favre's last 2 or 3?

How do you explain San Francisco's back to back AFC Championship games & the Jets back to back appearance as well.

There's a way to go from 0-90 in a hurry. There's got to be a way from 60-90.
In Brett's last couple of years in GB i know they went 13-3 and to the playoffs at least once....and seeing as they had his heir apparent on the bench for a few years before Favre left and they won the SB in Rodgers' 3rd year as a starter i believe, i think it's pretty clear that that team wasn't devoid of talent by any stretch.

SF was also not devoid of talent. Most of everyone that's making it happen for them right now was drafted or brought in under Singletary's regime...All they had to do was make a coaching change to someone 1/2 way competent and you have what you have with them now.

it's not going from 0-90 mph in 1 season that i'm talking about. Its about sustaining that 90 mph over a significant amount of time like the Patriots have....like the Steelers have like the Colts have......all teams who went to the SB at least twice in the past decade and who were constant SB contenders...That is what makes great teams great.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote