View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Bad Lip-Reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I have seen the political ones. Like I said... they're good stuff. Hilarious and I enjoyed them. Adrian Peterson's was easily the best and I believe authentic.

Ain't buying that it's all actual footage though. Not one bit. Some of it is edited to look like it. The lip-motions are often unnatural, choppy, and/or partially blurred. For example, manhole and he fell in it. It doesn't remotely look like he said that. By the time you finish reading the text, you have caught "hole" the lips blurs then abruptly cuts and moves on to the next. Your eyes saw hole and the captions help you finish the sentence. It's an ILLUSION. Very well-done but still an illusion.
I think the problem is that you actually know what you're doing when reading lips, and the rest of us with no experience can't tell the difference. I thought the best part was the ref talking about the girl with a room full of bean bags.