View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #93
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I don't think people really understand how hard it is to go from solid/good --------> great; whether we're talking about an individual position (qb) or as a whole team. It's 1 of the toughest transitions to make in sports.
I agree completely. It almost seems mental more than anything else.

Good teams can be depended on to beat the teams they are supposed to beat. Good teams can consistently get to the playoffs. This is where the Texans are right now.

Some teams languish in that good zone and never grow out of it. They are talented enough to go to championship games, but for whatever reason(s), they seem to always fail. Think of the Falcons before this season. They could not even win a playoff game before 2012, even with HFA.

I think the transition from good--->great is what the Texans have to figure out now. If/when that happens, I think this team has enough talent to do some great things.