View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #9
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NE just a bad matchup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I definitely think NE is a big match up problem for us. Mainly because your play makers seem to play with more urgency, i.e. they know when they need to step up & they do it.

We've got a guy crossing the goal line with the football at eye level, but somehow it goes right through his fingers.

Offensively & defensively, we've got guys on this team that we believe match up with the great players all over this league, but when the bright lights are on, they show the world a totally different guy.

From QB to waterboy. We've got maybe three guys who get it. When playing the Patriots & their 11 to 15 guys who get it, we're out gunned.

Going against a Baltimore, or a Denver, we're on even ground. Our best 3 or 4 against their best 3 or 4.

But when your third string running back understands he's got to make a play & makes that play.... we can't compete with that.
QFT. Really hit the nail on the head. I think it even spreads to coaching. We can say what we want about Belichek but the guy adapts and adjusts in pre-planning and during the game. Sometimes when watching the defense not line up in time or cover someone...at all...I had to say to my son 'It's like they didn't even watch any game film or prepare at all.' Not to mention our verrrryyyy slow no-huddle offense.

It's one thing to get beat man on man. It's another to come and seem un-prepared and get beat on the mental aspect.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote