View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #30
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Expert NFL Analyst John McClain Gives His TAKE (Must Listen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Having met him I concur. I think he is more of a football insider than analyst but nothing wrong with that - good guy.
I don't doubt he is a good guy..seems like a guy to hang with.. but I really couldn't stand listening to him when he decided he wasn't an insider anymore. When I first moved I used to love hearing his segment on 610 because he'd give inside scoop on who was looking where, who might sign, etc. Then he turned into angry, defensive analyst who just regurgitated stuff he thought he heard and much of it didn't make sense. I remember when the Texans D was getting torched 5 years ago or so and fans wanted Richard Smith to blitz more. John kept repeating...weekly, the same tired line about..."they can't blitz because the DBs can't cover, etc." Yet out of desperation they started blitzing late that season and it worked some. When this was brought to his attention he got peeved. Just be an insider and stick with it.