View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NE just a bad matchup?

i've been saying since preseason - we dont match up with the packers or patriots. the packers have a much higher chance of not showing up to full potential, and would give us a fair shot at stealing some games, but that's something we rarely see from the patriots. i'd expect us to lose 4 out of 5 against the patriots until we significantly improve our coverage from the linebacker position.

playcalling and discipline hasnt done us any favors this season against yall, so i think we should've kept both games much closer, but as you suggested we simply dont match up well at all against the patriots. you have the biggest hurdle for our offense - a wall at nose. our run plays are destroyed when the guards are pushed backwards at the snap and it dominoes from there. on defense, as i said it's about the linebackers. without cushing we have zero coverage ability and actually have to lean on our OLB's to drop or play man to man while the ILB's are running around lost.