View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
There were alot of great takes on this Schaub thing.The way i see it, the texans cant do wrong by adding more explosive players around schaub. Adding more targets helps the next qb too just as it did Kaepernick. Since theyre pretty tight to the cap, they will have to use the draft. I like martin as a slot. Really by drafting martin you can see they were already thinking this way because he doesn't fit the profile at all. Drafting posey is also a guy who doesnt fit because of his problems he had. If they took a chance on a guy like posey, they can wait till the 2nd and draft Darick Rodgers from Tenn Tech who used to be the #1 at Tennessee. I would also bring back Casey and really just run alot of no huddle type stuff. Make the defense play vanilla and try to uptempo and get some cheap tds.
I think they've been trying to address the WR position for years. Jacoby Jones was just one of many WRs we've brought in to compete for a spot on the team. Many just didn't make it. Some of the older vets, didn't pan out for one reason or another. Some guys like LeStar Jean got hurt & Dorin Dickerson also didn't work out.

Devier Posey was a nice risk/rewards pick & looked like he was coming along until this achilles thing, & I also like the production we got out of Martin & the fact that he got a lot of playing time early.... just didn't work out for whatever reason.

We can (& I do) question Kubiak's reasoning for keeping guys off the field, but big picture, he's been doing a great job of putting together a winning tradition/organization.

We didn't win the Super Bowl in 2011, or 2012, but to a (wo)man everyone in here thought we should have & that says a lot for how far we've come.

Can Schaub & Kubiak get us there? Who knows. Those questions will fuel the debates here all summer long. I'm looking forward to next season, to see how they respond.