Thread: Regression?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #40
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4036 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Regression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Being traumatized is not a myth.

I have lived in two markets with historically successful teams - Dallas and San Francisco. The vibe of the fan bases is very different. Yes there is complaining but the overall attitude is much more resilient and optimistic. Here in Houston there is a culture of pessimism and being cursed.
Ya, what HJam72 said, plus the fact many of us grew up with the Oilers never reaching perfection. Our team's history doesn't even include an AFC Championship title.
It's much easier to have faith in a team that's reached and won a Super Bowl or two. Cowboys have, Forty Niners have.
In regards to the regression Vs. progression, I can say I was a whole lot more excited after last year's play off run Vs. this years Play Off run. I sincerely believed the Texans would go all the way this year, or at the very least further.
I don't have the same optimism for next year that I did the previous season.
My opinion, just seems like other teams, especially the elite teams, have figured out Kubiak. I believe the system relies on a QB that has no scrambling ability, which makes us somewhat predictable. We've all seen what a QB like Kaepernick/Wilson can do for your offense. Just opens up so many doors and keeps the defense on their heals. Texans don't have that. So often if Foster can't gain decent yardage our offense becomes very predictable and ineffective.
The defense also collapsed this last month or so. Gave up way too many points. Is Wade a one season wonder like some have suggested?
Honestly after Schaubs interception this last game I couldn't watch anymore.
Had some buddies, who live all over the U.S., ask me WTH was your team doing huddling up down by so many points with time ticking away? Your QB was looking over at the sideline as if he were lost, does your team not have a hurry up offense?
I know Kubiak will be back. I know Schaub will be back. Personally, I believe both have reached their pinnacle. I would love to be wrong.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote