Thread: Regression?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #37
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Regression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
No regression in the win column, but ceiling has been reached. The last six games of last year and the last six games of this year speak for themselves.
^This. Schaub has reached his ceiling and I can't see that he's going to get any better at 32. It's not like all of a sudden he's going to develop a rifle arm or become a mobile QB. So, in that regard I'm not expecting any sort of improvement from Schaub other than making better reads which he has shown he can't do consistently over the course of his career as a Texan. He has thrown crucial back breaking interceptions over and over for many number of years and that's a trend I don't see changing. Also, maybe he can develop better pocket presence and get some help from a psychologist to overcome his fear of getting knocked down. But I'm expecting Schaub to be well...Schaub again next year. Therefore, other facets of the team has to improve drastically for us to progress and not be on this regression path.

The most important thing the Texans can do to improve the team is for Gary "The Offensive Genius" Kubiak to realize that his offense has been figured out. Yeah he's limited by Schaub's lack of mobility and decreasing arm strength, but he HAS to modify his offense. He has to implement more of an uptempo style. Like I said in another thread, evolve or die.

Lastly, the defense needs to get better. As is right now, we're a good defense but we rely on the spectacular plays too often and depend on Watt to make plays for us too often. We need to become a defense like the Ravens and 49'ers who can just lineup and straight up stop your offense dead with no special or gimmick plays needed. Basically, we need to have a stonewall type of defense where big plays such as interceptions, sacks, and force fumbles are not the only things we can rely on.