View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #146
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 358082 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Last question, what other instances in your life did you need to wait eight years, to make a call on ditching or keeping an asset, of which you have been front and center as an observer.

Makes me ponder why do we allow our best practices, gut checks and scaling calls, learned from professional and personal experiences, be trumped by football fanaticism in our collective dialogue.
Yeah I have. For example (and this goes back to how much control people have as well) I had a very long discussion over drinks with the owner of the firm. He said we were two of the only three lawyers at the firm he would have go to trial or argue an appellate case. We then discussed many of the rest of the firm and I recommended replacing several - in the end he did not.

From the football world, Tom Landry who was a tremendous innovator and football genius didn't have a winning season until his 7th season. I would have hated to have seen him fired in that 8th off-season cutting off what was about to be 20 straight years of winning with 18 playoff appearances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The Texans lost their last three against playoff teams in the last four games. The end of year slide for two consecutive years is a major concern. Is it tactical, is it a breakdown in leadership, is it something the staff can fix?
I seriously doubt it was tactical. Last year there was a QB issue. I have seen nothing to indicate a breakdown in leadership. I don't know the reason for the slide other than as you mention it was a stiff part of the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Same record as Tom Brady. Better record than Rodgers and Manning. HE IS ELITE!
I made no such claim. I hate such foolish responses. If I had picked out mediocre QBs you would have said "see you are only comparing him to game managers" or some other way to dismiss reality.

Last edited by infantrycak; 01-17-2013 at 11:13 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote