View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #146
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
He was not a platoon player. Moreover, he had the profile and legacy of a game manager. If Griese were available in the draft next year, I would have no doubt we would draft him.

Nagging injuries for Griese, and Kubiak/Smith did not see it coming with Schaub?
Forget about the platoon part; We don't even know who was responsible for drafting Griese. What we know is that whatever little he had success with was with the Broncos.

Schaub is a different player now as opposed to the one who first came here; he doesn't hold onto the ball too long anymore; he doesn't have that long winded motion anymore.

Rosenfels went somewhere and did a little something.

But back to the adaptation part (which I was never engaged in to start with), some 3-4 years ago, I suggested on this very board that I hope Kubiak befriends Art Briles, and that them two can have shop talk about the game of football.

All for the single reason that Briles was willing to try a lot of different things.
(I don't think people take to that idea back then, what can I say?)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote