View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #121
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Assessment on TJ Yates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I would expect free agents and draft picks to work in different silos. I would also expect to have an accomplished OC/QB coach have most of the input in the free agent recommendation.
I am not sure why a position coach or OC would have more or less say on free agents or the draft.

There are just too many variables. Maybe Shanahan wanted a vet free agent and Kubiak wanted to draft a particular QB but then looked at the available FA pool and recommended Griese. We don't even know the available FA pool. Heck Jake Plummer and Matt Schaub are nothing alike as QBs so it doesn't make sense to me to put them together and say Kubiak is looking for one particular kind of QB if he is the decision maker. As a matter of fact Plummer was available when they went after Schaub.

All I am saying is there are a lot of assumptions being made and then some pretty radical extrapolations made from there. The only one we know for sure is Schaub.