Thread: Regression?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Regression?

For me it was seeing more of what we could be and then being forced to recognize what we are. Facts (as I see them):

We did not have Schaub last few games of 2011 due to injury. We did not have Schaub last few games of 2012 due to shellshock.

Neither Wade Phillips or Gary Kubiak has a game plan for more than 2-3 games that takes the opponent out for entire game.

We play to not lose rather than to win and rarely deviate regardless of score.

If our star RB fumbles he can be removed from game. If our star WR or QB or LT drop an in the gut pass or fumbles or allows a sack that could cause QB to leave game or causes a fumble, these three do not leave game.

On defense or returns we do not have a policy of "don't stand there, block someone."

In response to OP, I think we have a very good team that needs to add quality depth that can give 75% of what an injured starter would have given. We are not there yet. Good news is we now have a perrenial playoff contender. Bad news we don't have a final two team. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Houston Rockets.