Thread: Regression?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Regression?

We were 11-1 at one point. I don't care about the margin of scores in those wins. This ain't the BCS. "Quality of wins" means nothing in the NFL.

11-1 was progression, regardless of how the season ended.

The Texans now need to learn how to finish seasons strong. They have learned how to win. They beat teams they were supposed to beat, and they only lost to playoff teams. When compared to previous Texans teams, this is improvement.

True regression to me is missing the playoffs this season. It's clear. It's not debatable. But that did not happen. We made the playoffs, won a game, and then lost to one of the best franchises of the last decade. Tom Brady is 17-6 in the playoffs. The Patriots have left a lot of teams feeling defeated in the playoffs over the years. There is no shame in it. The Texans just have to learn how to consistently compete at that level.

Chastising fans for being excited about 11-1 is kinda' silly. It was an exciting time to be a Texans fan. It was fun. You know, the whole point of being a fan. While I had concerns how how they were winning, the point was that they were on the winning side of things. That, in and of itself, absorbs a lot of criticism.