View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #60
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
I went back and rewatched our game. Painful. But I was specifically looking for something.
What about those dropped passes by James Casey and Arian Foster in the 1st quarter? The Casey drop cost us a Touchdown on our first drive and we settled for three. The Foster drop came on a third-down pass that had a potential big gain written all over it and we ended up punting. He had the linebacker beat and the ball just glanced off his hands as he reached low for it. Perhaps Schaub needed to throw it a couple inches higher but Foster makes that play most of the time.

We had a chance to go up 14-0 in that game. It wasn't even Schaub's fault. We dropped passes we needed to make, plain and simple. Guys who usually make those plays also. The frustrating part is our offense did get into a nice little Rhythm. They had made three consecutive first downs on three straight plays prior to the Arian Foster drop on that fourth set of downs.

After that 1st quarter, in which I felt we totally out-played the Patriots but somehow trailed 7-3, I knew we were facing an uphill battle thanks to not making the key plays on offense.

There is no need for me to re-watch the game. I can go off what I watched during the live game. We blew it in the first half. We could have easily had a nice little halftime lead instead of trailing 17-13.

Once the second half started, it was the Patriots game to win. We had already blown our chance in the first half, more specifically the first quarter. This team needed to score a couple Touchdowns early on. They needed a 14-0 lead and not a pathetic 3-0 lead.