View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #31
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second round losses ultimate downfall of Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
uhhh....Cowher got his team to the Super Bowl in his fourth season. Are we really going to act like this is nothing because they lost it? Most Texans fans (including me) would give Kubiak a life contract for taking a Houston football team to the Super Bowl.
Right. DB, I understand what you're saying here and it's sensible when taken out of context. The context I'm referring to is for years, everyone, especially this forum, have repeated to a man, "Kubiak will never get this team to the playoffs. I just want one playoff game before I die". Then, when it became obvious last season we would indeed see our first playoff game the goalposts were shifted, "We will never win a playoff game with Kubiak". This year, the new mantra is, "The only thing that counts is the SB". I think it's rather an exaggeration to imply TT would be happy if the Texans simply made the SB - don't you? There would be loads of people moaning that this "was our only chance" and "Kubes blew it". As confirmed by the TT faithful, the only thing that matters is winning it all - the view from 2nd place is the same as last place. There is an agenda, but its a rather silly one not based on facts. The team is progressing, whether folks want to admit it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What really gets me, though, is this record: Cowher's team had compiled a record of 108–1–1 in games in which they built a lead of at least eleven points. Let's not act like this is nothing. That's a pretty awesome record.
I think that's a pretty impressive record. Remember, we're trying to build from scratch where Cowher had all the essential tools to support him...and it still took 14 years.