View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #29
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Second round losses ultimate downfall of Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ugh, so this is what Chicago Bears fans felt with 9 years of Lovie Smith....
yep, pretty much. Or think the Bengals fans with Marvin Lewis. BUT, at least Kubiak has won a couple of playoff games. And a couple of division "championships". So we've got that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Took Cowher 14 years to do anything in Pitts with the very best scouting network, GM, and organisation that had an established winning tradition behind him.

lol Can you imagine the tantrums this lot would have!!!! Holy...

uhhh....Cowher got his team to the Super Bowl in his fourth season. Are we really going to act like this is nothing because they lost it? Most Texans fans (including me) would give Kubiak a life contract for taking a Houston football team to the Super Bowl.

I'm not a Cowher Power fan. I like the coach, but I think he's been out of the NFL for too long.

However, I think what he did with the Steelers was pretty cool. He took a team that had been struggling for years to the playoffs in his first year as HC (only one of two coaches that took his team to the playoffs for the first six years of his tenure).

What really gets me, though, is this record: Cowher's team had compiled a record of 108–1–1 in games in which they built a lead of at least eleven points. Let's not act like this is nothing. That's a pretty awesome record.

Gary Kubiak is 61-55 after seven seasons. Not the same at all. I'm not slamming Kubiak, but I think it's a little disingenuous and hard on Texans fans to act like they do not have a leg to stand on.