View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #54
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Posey tore his Achilles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't think he was anything but another Andre Davis type of guy. I mean, he couldn't even hardly see the field this season when he had Walter, Jean, and Martin in front of him. You think fans from other teams are discussing and wondering what is going to happen with Devier Posey?? Not a chance. The only reason why he is even remotely relevant or even a subject of conversation around here is because he is a Texan that was drafted last season, and was probably going to be the next way over hyped guy that fans of this team get all excited about like they did with JJ and then Jean/Walter from a few pre season games.
I think you might have underestimated his upside, Tex. I know he was behind Walter, Jean, and Martin in the beginning because, for all intents and purposes, he basically sat out his senior season in college, and frankly, I didn't expect to see him on the field at all this season. The fact that during the season, he was able impress Kubiak enough with his work ethic to the point that he was able to surpass Walter, Jean, and Martin in the pecking order and actually see significant time on the field, and make some plays . . that happened a lot faster than I expected. It told me that this kid had what it took mentally to try to do things necessary to excel.

It was only just about a minute before he blew out his Achilles, that I was thinking, "Wow, just think what he could do for us next year", with this season behind him, and the the further progression in the mini-camps and in another training camp. I saw an emerging star on the rise.

And now it will never be. That's what's so tragic.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote