View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013   #51
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub + Receivers vs Other QBs and their Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
About the second paragraph. Even then the chances of getting a guy that is better than schaub in his first two or three years is almost zilch. My whole point is that if you just don't think you can win with Schaub then scrap the whole thing and start building for 2015-2016 because by the time you get a QB that can take you past the 2nd round of the playoffs you will be in there. You will waste the best years of Cushing Joseph, Manning, Foster, Brown et al developing a QB. Maybe you have to do that, maybe Schaub is not the answer... but it sure seems more likely that going out and getting a legit number 2/3 WR might get you to the same place a few years sooner. Bowe, Hartline, Jennings. I can't say it enough. If we have a receiver like that on our roster other than AJ then you put yourself in the position to have a chance to make a SB run over the next 2-3 years... if you start over at QB I'm doubtful you see the playoffs, much less the SB over the next 2-3 years.

Mike

I disagree big time based off of what I saw out of Schaub at the end of the season. I'm not saying that it would be easy either by any means, but if we could get a guy with a really good arm that can get out of the pocket and buy time while improving the defense, it isn't out of the question to assume that we can get a guy that could possibly do better for us in the playoffs. Big Ben almost made the SB his rookie year and he was nothing but a game manager for the most part, but he was able to improvise and extend plays just like he does now.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote